As you go into this weekend, maybe you’re wondering what activities you could do with your child to stay cool and beat the heat. You’re in luck, we have you covered! We have compiled a list of five fun activities that you can try out with you kiddo!
- Watermelon Popsicles: These tasty treats are simple. You just blend a few slices of watermelon with about 1/4th cup of water and 1/8th cup of sugar. Once the mixture is mostly liquid you simply pour the contents into a popsicle tray and freeze them until they are solid! These popsicles are the perfect activity for summer because they help you beat the heat and they have that sweet watermelon flavor that everyone wants while they play in the sun!
- DIY Firework Painting: Our toddlers made their own fireworks this week using paper towel rolls and paint! You simply cut strips halfway down the paper towel roll and then fan them out to look like a firework. Then you dip or paint the paper towel roll and stamp it on your paper to make your own fireworks!
- Make Popsicle Stick Flags: Using your left-over popsicle sticks from the watermelon popsicles, you can paint your popsicles and make your own flag! Our preschoolers love to do art activities with popsicle sticks so you can trust that this would be an exciting activity this weekend!
- Make Firework Slime:There are a few different ways to make slime but our favorite is with glue and contact solution! You simply mix 6 oz of Elmer’s Glue with ½ teaspoon of baking soda and 1 ½ tablespoon of contact solution to make your slime! You can then add in food dye, glitter, and beads to make it firework themed slime!
- Water Sensory Bucket: Large totes are perfect for this activity! You can fill up the tote with water and add in water toys, measuring cups, and even kitchen utensils for your children to splash around and play in the water without getting completely soaked!
No matter what you do this weekend, be sure to Bring Bricky! When you take a picture with the cut-out of Bricky participating in your Fourth of July fun, and share it with us, you will be featured on our Facebook and Instagram stories!!
We hope that everyone has a safe and fun weekend and we are looking forward to seeing all of our students and hearing about their weekend next Tuesday!